Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What does Abundance look like?

A couple of days ago I completed the Deepak Chopra 21-day Meditation Challenge. Every day I followed the guided meditation exploring the meaning, source and manifestation of abundance. I had an idea of what abundance would look and feel like, and I had expectations on the results of the challenge. Nonetheless, through the process, I was reminded, over and over again, to let go of all those "shoulda, woulda, coulda". I have started to learn to let Spirit surprise me. I would still hold on to images of success, happiness, love and prosperity, but never forgetting what I've found to be truthful, time and time again:




Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]



Meditation has allowed me to consider that just as I am the source of my thoughts, I am also the source of my experiences. I went deep inside to uncover the beliefs, thoughts, words, actions and omissions that brought about the same things I have dreaded and tried so hard to avoid. There, in the Stillness, there is no one else to blame, no room for BS, no one to pity or treat as victim. It becomes ever so clear that, like Moses, you are holding the Rod, the authority to bring forth the miraculous, so what are you crying out for? Exodus 14:15-16


I was marveled to discover the ways in which I had so masterfully created misery, scarcity and limitation, loneliness and struggle. But far from feeling guilt, or shame, or angst, I was allowed to uncover that same power of creation capable of bringing forth the manifestation of happiness, prosperity, abundance, love and success. It was like God had broken down the process of Creation for me, and revealed both its surprising simplicity and its depth. I also went behind the scenes to learn some more about the ways of the Soul vs the ways of the Ego, and it brought immense satisfaction to know I was just scratching the surface. I would end my mediation time bursting in Christian-style worship and recalling Bible verses like I was this really cool "web search engine".

Romans 11:33
Amplified Bible (AMP)

33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)!

So what does abundance looks like, after taking the Meditation Challenge? First and foremost, a yearned and cherished Spiritual Freedom: the knowledge and conviction that sets you free from dogma; also, an increasing awareness of Oneness with the Creator and with all of creation, therefore, with the source of unlimited potentiality; ultimately, a sense of stability and inner peace that I never thought possible.

There is a shift in my mental atmosphere, that inevitably started to manifest in my physical reality. Just before completing the Challenge: estranged relatives came back seeking emotional connection, offering help and support; a long lost romantic interest returned to find out if I was now available, sweeping me off my feet with passionate interest, generosity and commitment. Since I am now falling in love with this fine gentleman, for the first time in thirteen years, I have fallen back in love with myself, have no need to overeat, and feel like working out, enjoy the outdoors and dance every single day! Every day I enjoy to hear the carefree laugh of my kids around me, reflecting my own, new found, inner sense of trust and reliance upon God and the wonderful process of Life.


No comments: